Review old assumptions about cancer and massage therapy and essential contraindications for massage for common cancer presentations. Take a detailed look at current thought on when, where, why and how massage therapy is contraindicated.
A well-prepared massage therapist offers caring touch to clients with cancer at important times in their lives. However, there are contraindications, considerations regarding site, pressure and joint movement, as well as other details you should explore before beginning massage therapy for clients with cancer.
When you have completed Part 1 of this two-part series, you will be able to:
- List three problems with the traditional, absolute contraindication to massage therapy;
- Describe three counterarguments to the notion that increased circulation from massage therapy promotes cancer spread;
- Describe five common massage therapy contraindications for cancer and its complications;
- Define deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and the concern it presents to massage therapists working with oncology clients;
- List the signs and symptoms of DVT, the risk factors and the actions to take when these are present.
To learn more: Continuing Education for Massage Therapists
Massage Testimonials for Kandace
Call 305-783-4589 to request an in-home appointment.
How To Massage Your Lover:
Create greater intimacy and deeper bonds with your Spouse, Lover, or Partner with the loving touch of massage.
eBook $4.50 & Paperback $8.99 on Amazon http://amzn.to/2reYh
Create deeper intimacy and bonding between you and your partner through the loving touch of massage. You will learn how to perform an hour long, full body massage just like the professionals.