The content of this website is mine alone and does not necessarily reflect the views of the U.S. Government, the Peace Corps, or the Mozambique Government.

Unexpected Delay

My bags were packed. I had everything ready to go. Everything was sold and all the bills were paid. I was flying out on Tuesday.

After an unexpected call from Washington, DC late yesterday afternoon, everything is suddenly on hold. I was shocked and have been processing the news ever since.

I now have to make some decisions. I am happy to have a few more weeks to spend with my loved ones, but I cannot do this for long.

I am thinking that I can afford one delay, but if this drags out too long, I will need to make some new plans. I will need to look into work, a vehicle, a place to stay. I will also need to consider long term decisions about the direction of my life. Do I stay in Charleston? Do I try to find a new career? Do I continue with the Peace Corps?

In many ways, I am in a great place. I literally have no baggage holding me back. I can absolutely craft a new path and design my life as I please. The question is, what will that look like? I have some meditation to do.

More on My Peace Corps Adventures
Conquering Bad Habits
Peace Corps Application
My Peace Corps Interview
Mozambique Bound In The Peace Corps
Peace Corps Prep
Never Enough Time
81 Days Til Mozambique
What Is Left
Last 30 Days
My Car Is Gone


Related Content